What is Residential driveway sealcoating?
Residential driveway sealcoating is the process of sealing an asphalt, concrete or similar driveway with a liquid-applied coating to increase its longevity and provide better traction. The process starts by applying a heavy liquid slurry over the surface of the pavement, which is then thoroughly dried. The asphalt is blended with aggregate then heated for 4-5 hours at temperatures just below their melting point before it’s sprayed onto the surface. The material is combined with asphalt so that once again, the temperature is just below its melting point. The slurry, which has now been heated to a high temperature in the aggregate mill, is then sprayed onto all sides of the driveway as a liquid. That’s why asphalt sealcoating equipment or trucks should be large and heavy-duty. To complete this step, the surface must be sealed with a hot-melt adhesion promoter in the warm summer months to heal cracks and breakage.
Importance of driveway sealcoating
One of the common questions would be, “What is the importance of contacting residential driveway sealcoating near me for their services?” Driveways are a common way for homeowners to access their property. They are also the first line of defense against water and debris flowing off the home or business. Unfortunately, they can also become damaged over time. This can be caused by several factors, including everyday wear, environmental conditions such as rain, snow, and ice, and in some cases, due to the age of the asphalt on the driveway. Residential driveway sealcoating provides several benefits, including:
- Residential driveway sealcoating is often recommended after a storm, freeze or flood so that the driveway remains smooth and water-free during winter months. With regular maintenance, this can be prevented.
- Driveway sealcoating plays an integral part in keeping the pavement in good condition, which means it protects future repairs and prolongs the life of the asphalt.
- It also helps to improve traction for cars, vehicles, trucks, and cycling or walking over it safely.
- Residential driveway sealcoating can also help to prevent tree roots from growing under the driveway.
- The annual sealing of your driveway has environmental benefits, including reducing carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gas production, decreased dependence on winter heating costs, and less use of fossil fuels.
- Driveway sealcoating is a relatively inexpensive investment compared to having to re-pave an existing driveway or other parts of your property in the future.
How do I identify an excellent residential driveway sealcoating near me?
There are several things to consider when working out whether or not a company is suitable for your project.
- Longevity is an important indicator that the company you choose has been in operation for an extended period and will continue to operate for years to come.
- Reviews are a quick and easy way to learn more about the company’s past and current customers.
- Customer service should be excellent as this will allow you to talk with the company in real-time, which can alleviate any potential concerns that you may have.
- Before choosing your contractor, be sure to get a written quote, including an estimated completion date so that there are no surprises along the way.
After how long should I contact the driveway sealcoating near me?
It’s not uncommon for homeowners to ask, “How often should I seal my driveway?”. The simple answer is that it depends on the asphalt used on the driveway. In most cases, a residential driveway sealcoating is done every two to four years.
When it comes to concrete driveways, don’t be afraid to seal your parking lot in even more frequent intervals. Concrete can last up to fifteen years with regular maintenance.
- I stay around Pickens, South Carolina. Is it possible to find a residential driveway sealcoating near me?
Upstate affordable solutions offer residential driveway sealcoating services at a reasonable price. We believe in providing the highest quality of service at the lowest possible cost to our valued clients.
Final Words on residential driveway Sealcoating Near Me
If you have been searching for residential driveway sealcoating near me, the article refers to you. Stop searching anymore and visit Upstate affordable solutions. Our services are reasonable and very affordable. If you have any questions about our services, feel free to ask us through our mail or call us anytime, anywhere.
Call today for a free quote.